Blackjack might seem simple, straightforward, and easy, and it is. But if you want to win real money, keep in mind that an effective blackjack strategy is necessary. The strategy you use affects whether you have a winning or losing game. So, be very selective in which betting strategy you employ.
We’ll provide an overview of an effective blackjack strategy of basic tactics that beginners should use. The goal is to minimize the house edge and maximize your chances of winning.
The most important thing to understand about blackjack is that there is a right and a wrong way to play. Therefore, your decisions as the player affect your outcome. We call this a mathematically proven, effective blackjack strategy. It’s something you need to remember every time you play a hand of blackjack, whether that’s in a land-based or an online casino NZ.
Effective Blackjack Strategy 101
As a beginner, we don’t want to confuse you with complicated charts. We do, however, want you to have a better chance of winning the next time you play blackjack. Therefore, we’ve provided the key points that you should remember next time you play.
Remembering when to hit, stand, split our double down your hand is vital. In most cases, you can cut down the house edge from one or two percent to 0.5 percent!
- Hit if your hand is between 12 to 16 when the dealer holds from 7 to Ace.
- Always split 8s and Aces
- Double or hit between aces to 6
- Double 11 when the dealer has between 2 to 10.
If this is hard for you to remember, that’s understandable. You can purchase a basic strategy card next time you’re in a casino. Or check online and have one handy next time you’re playing blackjack online.
Blackjack Tips to Remember
- Don’t buy insurance – insurance is basically another bet with more money that’s dependant on whether the dealer has a blackjack. With an insurance bet, you give the house an edge of almost 6 percent.
- Try out a casino app for more convenience.
- Read our online casino reviews to find the games with the lowest house edge and options.
- This one goes for blackjack as well as any other casino game; always bet within your means. Don’t destroy the joyful experience of casino games by being anxious or worried about your losses. Sometimes in casino games, you win, but sometimes you lose. There are no guarantees, so take them for what they are and have fun!
At NZ casino games, we provide much more than gambling news. We treat every user as our new protégé; your success is important to us, which is why we take such care in providing you with things like an effective blackjack strategy, tips, and tricks.
In addition to all of the above, we also try out every casino before recommending it. Our aim is to find you the best deals online, so you can start playing with an already padded account.